5 tips of using Wickr
1 year ago
Privacy is hard to come by these days. Whether it is safety from hackers or the government, there is a new premium on secure communication. Wickr is an app for that. Using heavy encryption and ephemeral or temporary messaging, Wickr ensures that any messages you send are read on a need-to-know basis.
Apart from being almost the best in securing your communications, wickr also provides you with a completely friendly user interface to help new and current users find their respective matches and relate as easily as they’d like.
Let’s look at some tips on how to use this all-fancied app. off course, you’ll have to be registered on the platform first, which brings us to:
- Installing wickr on your device: You will have to download and install wickr from your respective device stores, whether android, Windows or IOs. You search, download and install.
- Set up your account: Due to the high treat of privacy, not much personal information is required. You just have to choose a unique username and password which shouldn’t be shorter than eight characters and not longer than fifteen. You should also remember that the platform doesn’t save passwords or usernames so you’ll have to choose ones you’ll remember.
- Finding and making friends: Once you are successfully logged in, you’ll have to add your phone number or email address so anyone you know that’s already on wickr can easily connect with you and vice-versa. If after adding your number and emails, you find none of your contacts on wickr, you can send those invites and have them join you.
- Starting a conversation: Once you’ve established some contacts and want to start a conversation tap Inbox to go to your messages. In the bottom right corner tap ‘New’. This will bring up a screen with all of your friends who use Wickr. Pick the contact you want to message and tap Go in the upper right corner. This will start a message thread with that person.
- Select your options of massaging: Wickr gives you, as the sender, several messaging options which are brought up by tapping the circular Wickr Logo in the bottom left corner. This will bring up a series of 5 red buttons. From the left, the first button allows you to set how long your messages will last before being automatically erased. By default, this is set at 1 day but can be adjusted as high as 6 days or as low as 3 seconds. The next 4 options pertain to the type of message you want to send. One allows you to take a photo with your phone’s camera and send it. The next option allows you to choose an existing photo from your camera roll. The next one is for recording and sending voice messages and the last option is for attaching files which you can pull from other apps like Dropbox or Google Drive.
There really is a lot to enjoy from this app and we hope this tips would help. Least I forget; when you tap “Settings” in the top right corner of the inbox to bring up the menu. You will see common options for changing your account, finding new friends, notifications, audio settings and others.
To put the icing on the cake, there’s an option “shredder” which gives you an extra puff of security. With it, you can shred already deleted files and messages, such that can never be retraced.
Enjoy all that there’s to! Back